Service because we care
“I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it”
Art Williams (American Insurance Executive)
Die Waenhuis plays a pivotal role in the day-to-day business of Jagersbosch. We perform a number of functions on a daily, weekly, monthly as well as annual basis.
Food preparation functions
- Probably the most important function of Die Waenhuis, is the daily preparation of wholesome balanced meals for members and guests.
- The food for the Soeterus/Stillerus Care Facility in Melkhoutfontein also comes from the kitchen of Die Waenhuis.
- Furthermore we prepare a variety of frozen dishes such as pies, lasagne, bobotie, etc.
- Die Waenhuis is, to a great extent, also responsible for fundraising and arranges all aspects of fundraising functions and activities.
- This includes regular selling of vetkoek, pancakes, soup, curry and rice, cakes, etc.
- We also prepare food platters for catering purposes.
- Furthermore it includes offering a full catering service to persons hiring the Soeterus Hall as well as Die Waenhuis Hall for private functions.
- The annual Jagersbosch Bazaar is, of course an important fundraising event. We utilise Die Waenhuis Hall to present this popular event as well as the kitchen to prepare some of the edible merchandise.